The seagrass rug is a combination of texture and pretty design that brings a cozy atmosphere and eco-style accent into your house.
The area rug is made of seagrass a plant which grows in coastal waters. It is liked by people for its nice look, texture, and durability. It has a natural slight shine and stain resistance, it is much easier to keep the seagrass rug clean comparing to other materials. The stripes are made by adding water hyacinth in the woven pattern, which is another great material for rugs. It is soft when you touch it, but the same time – strong and reliable material.
The rug is hand-woven by Vietnamese craftsmen using natural materials. Rugs and mats production in Vietnam has a long history and plays a big role in the local people’s lifestyle. As in many parts of Asia Vietnamese use the rugs for having a nap or to dine in a big company of family and friends. So they have a tradition of weaving these eco-friendly products for centuries.
Product is available in 2 sizes:
M: 150×60 cm
L: 150×90 cm
How to take care of the product:
– Do not keep in under the direct sun as it might cause the fading.
– Do not expose it to water, the dried seagrass could get rotten if it will be in water for a long time.
– Regularly vacuum the rug with a vacuum cleaner with soft brash, or clean it with the slightly damped brush.
-You could clean it with dry or slightly damp cloth, wipe it in the direction of rows to avoid the dust going under the woven material.
– If you spill any liquids on the rug, clean it with a dry towel (if necessary with a damp cloth soaked in soapy water with neutral ph), then dry it on air or using paper towels.
– If the rug is located in the room with very dry air, you periodically could spray it with small amount of clean water.
– The colour of the actual item may vary slightly from the displayed images as the shade of colour might appear slightly differently on the displays and screens.
– As this product is hand-made using natural materials there might be some slight variations in size, shade of colour and could have some small marks and wear.