This rug will be a perfect choice for those who love natural plant materials and eco or rustic style. The round shape, natural beige colour and beautiful braided rug will put a nice accent in your living room and highlight your sustainable way of living. The seagrass inset into the rug’s pattern makes the design more unique and modern.
The rug is hand-woven by Vietnamese artisan using natural materials. Rugs and mats production in Vietnam has a long history and plays a big role in the local people’s lifestyle. As in many parts of Asia Vietnamese use the rugs for having a nap or dining in a big company, family and friends. So they have a tradition of weaving these eco-friendly products for centuries.
This rug is made of water hyacinth a beautiful plant which grows in the rivers in Vietnam. This plant grows very fast and often causes some problems for the local eco system and water transport when it grows too much. For this reason, locals regularly harvest it to keep the balance in river’s eco system. Later they have learned how to use this material for creating beautiful products like rugs and baskets. It is quite long and and 100% handmade process, and if you share sustainable consumption and zero waste idea, this material is perfect for you. On the top of that it is strong and reliable material which will last you for a long time.
Product is available in 2 sizes:
M: D120 cm
L: D150 cm
How to take care of the product:
– Do not keep in under the direct sun as it might cause the fading.
– Do not expose it to water, the dried seagrass could get rotten if it will be in water for a long time.
– Regularly vacuum the rug by the soft brash, or clean it with the slightly damped brush.
– You could clean it with dry or slightly damp cloth, wipe it in the direction of rows to avoid the dust going under the woven material.
– If you spill any liquids on the rug, clean it with a dry towel (if necessary with a damp cloth soaked in soapy water with neutral ph), then dry it on air or using paper towels.
– In case the rug is located in the room with very dry air, you periodically could spray it with small amount of clean water.
– The colour of the actual item may vary slightly from the displayed images as the shade of colour might appear slightly differently on the displays and screens.
– As this product is hand-made using natural materials there might be some slight variations in size, shade of colour and could have some small marks and wear.